Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Dancing Book

So I have the opportunity to participate in the Miss Sevier County Pageant this weekend.  My talent is poetry writing so I am gonna do a poetry reading....with some Flare to make it interesting.  This is the poem I have pieced together for saturday night.....i just have to memorize it now. :) oh fun!!

The Dancing Book


Dancing away
I create my book
the book of my world
as my feet move 
on a never ending trend
my soul leaps and falls
 with painted emotions
that paint my book
with the tears that fly from my eyes
and slowly, ever so slowly
i see the pages begin to close
to close in on me
and as the book captures my soul
I YELL out in despair
as my never ending dance
comes to a pause as 
 I challenge myself to walk
into the unknown and to take a chance
to become someone besides myself
my tears trail down
to land upon the mirrored floor
to leave pools of paint 
as i rewrite my life
i hold still while
the book of my world
begins to fail
and soon becomes
nothing more than a bitter tale
yet as it fails
and begins to crumble in my hands
i reach up
to catch a fallen star
and i watch 
as it slowly ever so slowly
forms the book of gold
as i then burn
my book of mold

 © May 9, 2012 (Emma Joy Huls)


Hope you liked it....I have never done anything like this, so i need all the luck in the world to not fall on my face. haha...

So....this is May 12, and i posted this earlier this week.....This poem did not stay the same druring the pagent but I threw in my own little things. which made it extra special......Thanks everyone...i did not win ...but i won....I gained Confiedence, life experinces that i will always look to...but most importantlly i gained...friencships that will last a lifetime.. there is not a better way to win than through this. Congradulations to those girls who went out and WON!
                                                       

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS MAGNIFICENT! I'm a friend of your mom and I also write. There are a couple of typos if you'd like an editor. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya...i put this on when i was half asleep...haha. so ya I am pretty sure there are one too many. will have to fix them latter. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete