Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Place of Hell

Place of Hell

My heart beats
to a painful rhythm
as my soul shattered
so long ago
the painful beats of my
heart have become
all that i know 
but in the silence
of the night
i remember so much more
than I wish too....
I remember the words
and I remember 
all the times
that eventually led
to my life crashing down around me...
I see so many falling down that
same dark hole that i 
just now climbed myself out of...
and my tears follow them down..
I wish to help but I do not know how
As I see them go
my heart breaks once again
but this time not form my sake
but for the sake of those
I love and care for.
As they fall
I am unable to do a thing
so silently I wait in the 
silence of the night 
as my silent tears follow them down..
And I pray aloud for a ladder to be built
as he built for me...
so that one day they 
might just 
climb back up out of the very
depth of a small
but painful
place of hell...

© March 22,2012 (Emma Joy Huls)

No comments:

Post a Comment