Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Fear

Fear


Running in place
in a time 
where frozen in place
I stand alone
nothing seems to be
nothing is as it is
And yet 
frozen in place
I run to a place
where inside myself
i scream aloud
as tears fall down
to a memory 
to a thought 
And yet as I run
as I am frozen
I see and I feel
the reason for it all
Given the knowledge
to set myself free
I reach out to it
yet pull away in fear
Standing in my
frozen state 
my frozen place 
of pain and tears
I turn away from freedom
I turn away from knowledge
I know its there
just a step away
just a simple choice
and yet I fear
I fear the unknown 
beyond the known
I fear the hurt
if the knowledge is false
I fear the laughter
of those I used to trust
But above all
I fear I am unworthy
unworthy of a freedom 
I desire beyond all else

© February 16, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment